Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Speech Review: Informal Speech


I presented an informative speech on the sport AFL (Australian Football league) and how to kick an AFL football. This was an extremely broad subject to explain in five minutes therefore, I gave a very simple and basic outline of the game. I feel that I did a good job explaining the rules and a better job explaining the 3 simple steps of how to kick a football. The relevance of my topic can be question but I feel I did a good job proving that AFL can have relevance to all people.

Throughout the speech I had good energy and enthusiasm which, was seen in my volume and visibility. However, I was a little hard to understand at times and I feel this was because of my accent.

I maintained good eye contact throughout the presentation by using placement cards. I feel one of strengths was physical demonstration of the topic, as I used my visual aids appropriately and effectively. By handing out a piece of paper to each student, containing pictures the field, the football, player positions and teams within the league was very effective and helped the audience get a better understanding of the game.

I am disappointed that I let my speech go over time by two minutes. All though I did rehearse my speech I did not adjust for it taking two minutes to help teach the volunteers how to kick a football. This is an area that I could improve on by simply being more prepared and only using one volunteer instead of two.

Overall I feel I could have done a better job explain the topic however, with the limited time I had, I would not have been able to explain the game in great depth and demonstrate how to kick a football. But I did a good job covering the basics as well as using my visual aids and in physical presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment